Open the Book – Liz Rabbit
- Pray for safety as we go into schools.
- Pray for the staff and children who watch the stories, that they will remember them and take on board the lessons.
Pastoral Care – Pauline Palmer
- For a deeper sense of God’s love, care, and compassion.
- The power ministry gifts of the Holy Spirit so as to be more effective in reflecting Jesus to those in need.
- For vision and strategy and for all generations to be involved in the pastoral network.
- For wisdom and grace to build on the relationships already established in Windmill Court and to increase the links with Elsie Hazell Court and folks on the fringe.
Our Mission and Vision
- Pray that our mission statement may be fulfilled in and through us personally and as a church community
- Pray for our vision and how we connect our mission to those around us.
Our theme text
- “So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.” 2 Corinthians
- As God has set this verse on our hearts pray that we might come to understand it more completely in our lives as the year passes.
Following the commissioning of Dave Davison, pray:
- that he settles well into his new role as Lead Pastor.
- that he clearly hears and follows God’s leading.
- that he follows Jesus model of servant leadership.
- Pray for his support and accountability team:
- Simon & Liz King
- Alan Martin
Pray also for our:
- Elders as they lead and oversee the spiritual life and direction of the church
- Dave D
- Alan M
- Ray C
- Mike G
- Deacons as the manage the practical aspects of the church
- Chris Davison, Office Manager and Elder’s Secretary
- Steve Cox, Treasurer and Church Administrator
- Nic Cox, Catering Deacon
- Mark Wood, Mercy Ministries Deacon
- Graham Bennett, H&S & Buildings Deacon
- Pray for our search for an Associate Pastor
- That God would lead us to the right man.
- That God would prepare the way for a smooth transition.
- That God would unite the leadership team with a common purpose and understanding of His will.