I’d like to invite you and your congregation to join us for a Good News for Swindon Prayer night on Tuesday 12th May at 8pm.
We’ll be hosting it using zoom to connect to one another. The plan for the evening is as follows:-
- Welcome by Tom Price – 8 pm
- Focus on the government and our frontline care workers – introduction (3 minutes) by John Edmonds – Freshbrook Church, followed by 12 minutes of prayer in our zoom groups
- Focus on renewal, revival and outreach – introduction (3 minutes) by Colin Thornton – Gateway Church, followed by 12 minutes of prayer in our zoom groups.
- Focus on Young people – introduction (3 minutes) by Dave Clarke SYFC – followed by 12 minutes of prayer in our zoom groups.
- Focus on our families/church – introduction (3 minutes) by Tom Price – Discovery Church, followed by 12 minutes of prayer in our zoom groups.
- Finish at 9.05 pm with a closing prayer
To join us, just use the Zoom login details you will have received via your church.
The way it will work is that you’ll be added to the entire group as you sign in and see lots of people. Once the introduction has been covered for each area, you’ll be assigned to a group of up to 4 others and we want to encourage you to say a quick hello to one another and then spend the 12 minutes we’ve allocated praying together for the needs highlighted. You’ll then be brought back to the main screen for another 3 minute intro etc.
Please feel free to invite any Christians you know in Swindon and the surrounding area to join us that evening. We’d ask you not to put it on a public display as we want to avoid people who may intend to disrupt the meeting for unhelpful purposes. We want to make it a time of real earnest prayer for our town and our nation as well as our own lives.
I really look forward to seeing you on that night if you can join us. This is a great way for us to join together in these difficult times and encourage one another in prayer. We can accommodate up to 500 users, so feel free to join as a couple, an individual or as a family.
Chair of Good News for Swindon