Christmas wouldn’t be Christmas without the Freshbrook Church Christmas Market!
OK, that may be an overstatement but not too far off!
All for a good cause …
Come and enjoy a buzzing market, fun program, festive goodies and music, all with great community spirit and for a great cause.
This year, profits from the Market goes to Swindon Filling Station, a project that helps the homeless in Swindon. Briefly, the Filling Station started in 1993. It is a mobile Soup Kitchen that operates in Queens Street every Thursday evening. The Filling Station helps on average about 50 men and women of all ages, some young women with prams and, sadly, a few children. The majority of clients have issues relating to alcohol, drugs or mental health. Some have just fallen on hard times and need short term support. For more information do go to the Swindon Filling Station web site.
Warm, bustling and friendly …
Why stand in the cold? Our market is indoors. You will not only find interesting gifts, but you can also sit down, relax and enjoy a bit of community spirit. Here are just some of the stalls:
- Contemporary Botanicals
- Sarah Howes Jewellery and gifts
- Fizzy Wizzy Sweet Cart
- Avon Cosmetics
- Chernobyl Children in Need Russian Crafts
Here is some promotional information on behalf of the stall holders:
Come and enjoy the traditional as well as the unusual:
- Tea, coffee
- Delicious warm aromatic mulled wine (non-alcoholic)
- Temping quality hot burgers and sausages
- Delectable cakes, mince pies, festive cookies
- Enchanting carol singing by Millbrook Primary School children
- Puppet sketches
- Our own musicians will be performing and singing live for us
- Fun activities for children
So please put the date in your diary and join us! We’re looking forward to seeing you there!
Note: Information presented is subject to changes and updates.