On Tuesday 2 November 2021 we held an Extraordinary Members meeting to vote on the Trustees recommendation: that on the retirement of our current pastor, John Edmonds, Dave Davison, our youth and community pastor, will take on the role of lead pastor, and that we seek to appoint an associate pastor with preaching and teaching gifts, to work alongside him.Continue reading
Sunday Evenings at Freshbrook
Join us for 6pm Tea followed by our evening meeting from 6.30 to 8.00pm.
Born to Battle
When you live life with Jesus you discover you are in a battle. The World, the Flesh and the Devil are all out to bring you down. God has promised he will not allow you to be defeated and he will help you to win the war. This five week course* is designed to help you stand, and not only stand but advance against all that comes against you.
Each week we will spend time in groups digging into the Bible, we will listen to a talk from one of our pastors, we will talk together in groups about how to apply the truths we have uncovered and we will join together in worship, seeking reality and intimacy in our relationship with God.
- 22 September – Know your Enemy – Our battle is not against people but against the world, the flesh and the Devil. Find out just what that means.
- 29 September – The Big Con – Discover how to tell the difference between truth and error and why it matters.
- 6 October – The Booby Trap – Learn how to identify and defeat temptation to sin in your life.
- 13 October – The Smear Campaign – The Devil is an expert at sowing seeds of negative thinking and untruth in our minds. Find out how to counter the Devil’s lies.
- 20 October – The Dark Valley – Saved through Suffering. If it’s the path Jesus walked it shouldn’t surprise us that the road to glory passes through the valley of suffering. Learn how suffering can make us more like Jesus and bring us to glory.
*Material adapted from ‘Staying Alive’ by Jeremy Middleton (pub Rutherford House 2000)
Exodus Ch 1-7 – The Freedom Manual Part 1
This Autumn our Pastor begins a new 10 part series looking at the opening chapters of Exodus.
This Old Testament book is an exciting story of God walking with his people from slavery in Egypt to freedom in Israel.
Along the way we discover what it looks like to be God’s people living under his care.
It is a story which points to Jesus and shows us how to live the Christian life.
- 25 August – “God with his people in the bad times” 1:1-22
- 1 September – “God prepares a Saviour” 2:1-10
- 8 September – “Oops; even heroes get it wrong” 2:11-14
- 22 September – “Arise Sir Moses; Men behaving Godly” 2:15-22
- 6 October – “Encountering God” 3:1-10
- 20 October – “The solution to low self esteem” 3:11-4:17
- 27 October – “Just get on with it!” 4:18-31
- 24 November – “God’s remedy to Satan’s devices” 5:1-6:12
- 1 December – “God uses the most surprising people” 6:10-30
- 8 December – “The Exodus – Glory, Judgment and Salvation” 7:1-7
Experiencing the empowering presence of the risen Christ
On Sunday evenings at 6.30pm our Pastor is continuing his occasional series looking at the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
- 25 August – “Miracles”
- 1 September – “Healing”
- 8 September – “Speaking in Tongues”
Well it’s here everybody – after several months of plain boring white & grey website (and several hours of down-time today), our brand-spanking new colourful website is up & running.
Unfortunately with this upgrade we have stumbled into a small problem with the sermons – we hope to have this fixed ASAP! Sorry about that folks!
ALL FIXED. You can now listen and download sermons to your heart’s content!
Also, still to come – social sharing! We will be adding a share to facebook button & tweet on twitter button for all you social people out there that want to share what you read here.
DONE. Yep, it’s that quick! At that bottom of every, page, post, sermon and event, you should find a few icons to share that page, post, sermon or event with your friends on several popular services. Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn and good old reliable, Email.
If you’re on facebook and haven’t already, don’t forget to like our facebook page! Just click the HUGE banner at the bottom of this page that says “connect with Freshbrook”, then when it loads, click like!
If you come across any incorrect information or broken links or any other problems, please contact us!
Josh Davison will be taking care of any problems that arise in the near future at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you and enjoy!
Growing Up Fast
A Series of Three Sunday Evenings at Freshbrook Church (6.30pm)
Growth is really important for a Christian. Without growth there is no life!
How do you grow as a Christian?
God has given us some great helps to growth.
In this series we look at three of the most important.
16 June Belonging – God uses the church to help us grow
7 July Listening – God uses the Bible to help us grow
21 July Talking – God uses prayer to help us grow
Welcome to the beginning of our website redevelopment!
Our website is currently undergoing some major redevelopment, this is our temporary site for the next month or so. Continue reading