Click on each stage of our aims below to read more about it.
EVANGELISM & OUTREACH
Evangelism & Outreach
- Develop a coherent Evangelism strategy reaching out to our core area of Freshbrook and Grange Park through regular ‘drum beat’ events and small groups such as Christianity Explored.
- Make outreach and evangelism an every member activity, equipping people to witness where they live and work.
- Clearly communicate ‘Welcome’ to all including the effective use of a wide range of media.
Establish a church plant before 2019.
- Join with others who are faithful to the Gospel in outreach and evangelism.
Building Up The Church
- Encourage Worship that engages heart and mind.
- Ensure teaching is biblical and intelligible and equips people to know Jesus and live for him day by day.
- Help the Church Seek God through genuine focused prayer times.
- Encourage people to seek God through personal Bible reading and prayer.
- Encourage people to share personal experiences, challenges and encouragements.
- Develop Service Guidelines for speakers and leaders.
- Provide Pastoral care for all who need it.
Training & Development
- Provide training for members to discover develop and use their spiritual gifts.
- Develop those exercising a preaching gift and identify and train those with potential.
- Ensure structured review and development for all full time staff.
- Create a one year 18+ gap year apprentice scheme.
- Create a trainee assistant pastor post.
- Establish a commitment to taking the saving good news of Jesus to all the nations as core to church life and ministry.
- Promote interest in and support for existing church missionaries.
- Raise up, develop, encourage and support new missionaries (short and long term) from the church.
- Establish a clear annual plan for supporting Global Mission.
- Provide support for Agencies helping in our community.
- Develop church Mercy Ministries in the community.
- Provide oversight of Mercy Ministries to ensure balance/legal compliance.