To glorify God by proclaiming that Jesus Christ is Lord:
- In faithfulness to the word of God in the Bible and in the power of the Holy Spirit.
- In worship.
- In commitment to love, serve and encourage one another.
- In acts of kindness in the community and
- In sharing the life-changing news of salvation through the Lord Jesus in West Swindon and beyond, until He returns.
- Jesus Christ is Lord. Who we are, what we say and what we do must exalt Him, not us.
(1 Peter 3 v 15; Colossians 1 v 18)
- The Bible is God’s word: Everything we believe and do should be governed by God’s truth and will, as revealed in His word.
(2 Timothy 3 v 16)
- Human beings matter. Made in God’s image, have inherent and equal dignity and worth. Although damaged by sin, we are all objects of His love.
(Genesis 1 v 27; 1 Timothy 2 v 3-4; John 3 v 16-17; 1 John 4 v 9-10)
- You must be born again! We are brought into a personal relationship with God through the new birth, which is a gift of the Holy Spirit through the Word.
(John 3 v 3; Ephesians 2; Titus 3 v 4-7)
- Fellowship of love and grace. We are committed to one another in love and the grace of God is the basis of our fellowship. This grace should define every aspect of our lives.
(1 Peter 4 v 8; 2 Timothy 10; Titus 2 v 11-14)
- We love to meet. We recognise the need to meet together regularly for teaching, fellowship, communion and prayer that we may grow in our relationship with God and encourage one another.
(Acts 2 v 42; Hebrews 10 v 24-25)
- The Empowering Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit indwells and empowers every Christian for service using the gifts God has given – we must walk in step with the Spirit to ensure that we recognise, develop and use these gifts.
(Galatians 5 v 16-26; Ephesians 4 v 7-16)
- Church – in the community for the community. We exist as a local church in the community and function like a body – different people yet united, equal in value and working together for God.
(1 Corinthians 12 v 27; Ephesians 4 v 15-16; 1 Peter 2 v 9)